Required Assignments of this Unit
Complete the following steps in class. The teacher will walk you through using the first database and website citation; you will complete the second set of database and website citations independently.
How to Use this LibGuide
The first page of this guide provides a few links using Easybib for research. We will review as a class how to find information on websites and databases and cite them correctly.
If you have questions about the information in this LibGuide, address it to the email provided in the "Contact Me" box to the right. If you have questions about how to complete the assignment, ask it in the box located on the feedback page.
Synopsis of the Project
The purpose of this project is to delve into one social injustice issue, research the background, and write an opinion editorial or speech on the issue with a call to action.
Questions to consider while you select, research and write an essay about the project:
- Will readers trust what you have to say? Do you know enough about the topic to write knowledgeably about it?
- What solid evidence can you draw upon tosupport your claim?
- Why should people care? And more importantly, what should people do?
For this project, you will research and read articles about different social injustices in the world. You will use Easybib to create a bibliography and record a note or two. You should be able to demonstrate mastery in:
- Develop a bibliography/works cited that
- Uses the correct format for the source.
- Formats each individual entry.
- Uses copy & paste MLA citations provided by databases.
- Write a notecard that
- Links to a source in the bibliography.
- Sufficiently captures the essence of the note in a specific title.
- Correctly quotes directly from a source for text evidence.
- Adds commentary about the text evidence.