Assignment Due Dates
Friday, Jan 29, 2016: Project IntroductionMs. Speth will give a general overview of the project expectations.
Monday, Feb 1, 2016: Begin Work in LabMrs. Wirtz will give you an overview of the tech tools we will use on this project.
Tuesday, Feb 2, 2016 to Friday, Feb 5, 2016: Lab TimeYou will have time in the lab to research one invention and one social issue, organize your notes, and write your two magazine articles.
Monday, Feb 8, 2016: Last Day in LabLast day in the lab to work on your articles.
Thursday, Feb 11, 2016: Magazine Articles Due TodayYour magazine articles need to be turned in today.
Here you will find links to the various newspaper template options.
You are a journalist for a newspaper in England. You are responsible for writing two articles about the Industrial Revolution 1750-1900 (Chp. 7 & 9)
Article 1: Invention of your choice (list of options in packet handout)
Describe an invention of the time of your choice and its importance/impact on the lives of people as well as its use.
Article 2: Social Issue of your choice (list of options in packet handout)
Describe how life was changing for people in one of the following areas: urbanization, working conditions, children, and/or class tension.
- Each article must be at least three paragraphs but no more than five
- Your newspaper must have a Name and each article must have an eye catching title
- Each article must contain at least 2 quotes, from actual people (do NOT make them up
- Each article must contain at least at least 2 images, each with photo caption box
- Minimum of 2 sources per article
- All of your sources, including pictures must be cited in a works cited page with appropriate MLA formatting
- If you use a source from outside the data base research center on this site you must complete and turn in a source analaysis form (located under handouts - left column)
A good article covers the who, what, where, when, why, and how.
Articles are due Monday, February 8, 2016.
There will be no test for this unit, there will be one quiz, these two items are your entire grade for the unit.
The articles are worth 30 points (15 per article)